Department of Science & Technology
JC BOSE NATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS
Nominations are invited for the JC Bose National Fellowships, newly instituted by the Government of India. The fellowship is meant to recognize active scientists and engineers for their outstanding performance and contributions. The Department of Science & Technology will administer this scheme. The fellowships are scientist–specific and very selective.
All areas of science (in the broadest terms) will be covered by this fellowship.
i) The fellowship is open to Indian Nationals residing in India who are below the age of 60 years.
ii) The applicant should possess a higher degree or equivalent: namely Ph.D. in Science/Engineering, Masters in Engineering or Technology/MD in Medicine, etc. and must have carried out several years of work in the specific area.
iii) These Fellowships are meant for those who have a proven track–record as evident from their research publications and recognitions.
iv) The candidate must have a regular position in an Institute /Organization and should be engaged in research. If he /she is availing any other fellowship, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for five years.
NATURE OF SUPPORT
• The value of the fellowship will be Rs. 20,000 per month in addition to regular income.
• In addition, each Fellow will receive a contingency of Rs. 5.00 lakh per annum for conferences and other expenses.
• The JC Bose National Fellows would be eligible for regular research grants through the extramural funding schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
METHODOLOGY FOR SELECTION
• The Institution in which the candidate is working would provide the necessary R&D, administrative and basic infrastructural support for research.
• The candidate will continue to work at the place of his employment.
• The availability of JC Bose Fellowships will be advertised by various academic and research Institutions on their websites in order to receive applications from the interested scientists and engineers. The Institutions will subsequently submit their recommended nominations to the Department of Science & Technology. Institutions may consider setting up appropriate mechanisms to scrutinize and recommend the nominations.
• Individual scientists and engineers can also approach the institutions for forwarding their nominations to DST for the Fellowship.
• Selection of JC Bose Fellows will be made periodically by an empowered Search-cum-Selection Committee specially appointed for the purpose.
• The nominations of scientists and technologists by the Institutions would be received throughout the year. There is, thus, no last date for this Scheme.
All nominations (original plus 4 photocopies) may be sent to:
S. S. Kohli
Department of Science & Technology
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi 110 016.
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone : 011-26590499.
This advertisement is also available on the Internet at http://www.dst.gov.in
FORMAT FOR NOMINATION FOR JC BOSE NATIONAL FELLOWSHIPS
1. Broad subject area (Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering Sciences).
2. Area of specialization
3. Name of the candidate
4. Mailing address (must indicate Telephone, Fax and e-mail address)
5. Date of birth
6. Educational qualifications:
(From Bachelor’s degree onwards)
Sl. No. Degree University Year Subjects Percentage
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
7. (a) Details of professional training and research experience, specifying period.
(b) List of significant publications during the last 5 years.
8. Details of employment.
9. Professional recognitions, awards, fellowships received.
10. Proposed area of research and brief outline of proposal (specify the research work at present engaged in, future plans, prospects after the fellowship, how will the work strengthen basic research in the country, etc. – not more than 5 pages).
11. Name of the institution where the fellowship will be availed.
12. Institution’s recommendations:
Get Updates!Subscribe to the Scholars club email newsletter to receive updates, freebies and exclusives:
==>Help us to keep SCHOLARS CLUB running?