Home » , , , , » No Big B, I am Double Big B (Bihari Babu)

No Big B, I am Double Big B (Bihari Babu)


...says Shatrughan Sinha who is all set to host the Bhojpuri version of Kaun Banega Crorepati . Not only that, ‘Double B’ is not afraid of him being compared with Big B

Shatrughan Sinha’s stint as host of Kaun Banega Crorepati in Bhojpuri is bound to attract comparison with Amitabh Bachchan but the veteran star says he will not imitate Big B. 


Amitabh Bachchan n Shatrughan Sinha

The actor, known for his witty style, says he is not scared of being compared to Bachchan, his contemporary in the film industry. Sinha will host the Bhojpuri version of the show from June.

“If he is Big B, then I am double B (Bihari Babu),” jokes Sinha when asked about being compared with Amitabh Bachchan.

“Why shall I imitate Amitabh Bachchan? He had his own style in Kaun Banega Crorepati and I will have my own. I don’t claim that I am better than him but I don’t feel inferior to him either. He is an old friend and the pride of our film industry,” says Sinha.

Sinha is aware that Bachchan’s performance casts a long shadow, but the actor is confident that his original style and connect with Bhojpuri audience will click and work in his favour.

“Be it films or television programmes, I have never copied anybody and always believe in my own style. As far as comparisons are concerned, I think it’s for the viewers to judge our performances,” says he.

Sinha, who is rehearsing for the show now-a-days, says he agreed to do the programme to promote the Bhojpuri language.

“The language was spoken by leading personalities of the country including first President of Independent India Rajendra Prasad, Loknayak Jayprakash Narayan and late Prime Minister Chandrasekhar...I wish to spread it further by doing a programme in the language,” says Sinha. All the best is what we can say.

Get Updates!

Subscribe to the Scholars club email newsletter to receive updates, freebies and exclusives:
Enter your email address:
==>Help us to keep SCHOLARS CLUB running?
Share this article :

Post a Comment

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR VALUABLE SUGGESTIONS TO GET PUBLISHED.