Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) introducing a open text based assessment system from next academic session.
A open text based assessment(OTBA) will be for the students of class-XI from the next academic session 2014. Under this, papers of Biology, Economics and Geography will be regarded, students will got a study materials and based on which questions will be asked in the examinations.
How Examination will be held?
Geography (70 Marks) : Fundamental physical geography (25 Marks), Maps & charts(5 marks), and Environment physics of India(25 Marks), Maps & charts(5 marks).
Based on OTBA (10 Marks), Total 60+10=70
Economics (90 Marks) : Model of Economics(40 Marks), Development of Indian Economics (40Marks) Based on OTBA (10 Marks), Total 80+10=90
Biology (70 Marks) : Theory (60 Marks), Based on OTBA (10 Marks) Total 60+10=70
The following may be noted with regard to OTBA
1. The Annual Examination in these subjects of Class XI will be conducted by the schools as per the past practice.
2. The Question papers will be developed by the faculty as per the syllabus but question paper design prescribed by the Board.
3. The Question papers in these subjects will have an OTBA section of 10 marks based on one of the open text materials supplied by the Board.
4. The questions for the OTBA section will be supplied by the CBSE through Integrated Test Management System (ITMS) in the months of February/March 2014.
5. With the inclusion of OTBA section of 10 marks the weightings of marks assigned to various units of the Geography, Biology and Economics Syllabus will proportionately reduce as shown above.
Get Updates!Subscribe to the Scholars club email newsletter to receive updates, freebies and exclusives:
==>Help us to keep SCHOLARS CLUB running?