Bihar Judicial Reservation system - Cabinet Decision
The Bihar Cabinet declared 50% reservation in all judicial services for candidates who belongs to the extremely backward classes, other backward classes, Schedule Caste and Schedule tribes.
The Decision has been taken in the presidentship of the Chief Minister of Bihar, Sri Nitish Kumar on Tuesday dated 27th December 2016 in the cabinet meeting.
According to the cabinet decision here are the important points :
- Candidates who belong to EBC will get 21 percent reservation.
- OBC Candidates will get 12% reservation.
- SC Candidates will get 16% reservation.
- ST Candidates will get 1% reservation.
The Reservation system will be followed in both Superior Judicial services and subordinate Judicial services.
Principal Secretary of general admisntration department, Mr. D.S Gangwar told that earlier only subordinate classes were benefited by the reservation, but the circle of reservation was limited. He told that there will be :
- 35% reservation for women.
- 1 % for the handicapped persons in all categories.
Also there is a vacancy of 1100 for different posts. The Reservation system implemented after the recommedation from High court and discussion from BPSC - Bihar Public service commission.